AN INTERVIEW WITH ACE PRODUCER & ARTIST D' KRIETON


D' Krieton

An interview with ace producer and artist; the incredibly talented D’ Krieton who has accomplished a great deal in his field of work; MUSIC, and is steadily working his way into limelight. MR JOHNSON took time out today to visit him and get to know more about the man behind the name;


Mr Johnson: Your fans have been held in suspense over the years about who you really are, could you tell us more about you?

D’ Krieton: well, my full name is Oginni Joshua Oluwaseyi but people know me by my stage name D’Krieton, I am a producer, a gospel, R’n’B and soul artist and music lover. I produce beyond the walls of gospel into the Secular, Naija Hip Hop Genre inclusive. And I happen to be the brain behind CUTEDGE Records.


Mr Johnson: We will like to know more about your music background. How did all this start?

D’ Krieton: I was born into a family of music. My father used to be an organist in the C.A.C and my mother was a chorister. It just happened that every member of my family is kind of into music. I practically grew up with music. I can remember I started singing notes when I was in Primary 1, I was barely 6. So music is kind of my Life Partner whom I can’t detach from.

Mr Johnson: From what you have said, it’s obvious you are fundamentally a gospel producer like Cobhams Asuquo, how have you also been able to blend with the secular Nigerian hip-hop world?

D’ Krieton: First of all, I do beyond the Naija HipHop. I produce virtually all Genres. And the reason this comes easy is simple; I’ll like to say that the strength of Music basically comes from the church, do you understand? The church has paid more attention to music than the rest of the world has, so if you are coming out of the church as a producer, you have more than what it takes to make what is called the ‘Nigerian version of hip-hop’. Naija music is something that is easy to produce if you are someone that has paid attention to it. I studied music from the roots. I mean, from the Pacs to the BIGs to the Commons and Eminems and co. So it was easy for me to introduce all I learnt into the genre. I have also studied the trendy in the Naija HipHop. Likes of 2face, Olamide, Wizkid, Omawumi, Asa, Darey Art-Alade, Waje, Lagbaja and so on and I have been able to realize what the people are actually looking for in their music and it’s easy for me to blend such into my production.

Mr Johnson: Who and who have you been able to work with?

D’ Krieton: I have worked with so many, Wale Owoade, Pastor Harry, G shegzy, Shegzy B, Edward Sunday (Who now produces many of Tim Godfrey and Xtreme's Music), Solaade Ara, Low Jayz( a protégé to Wizkid), I have produced the music of Yetunde Are (daughter of Bola Are) and conduct her concerts, I also have my team called the Trigger and many more.

Mr Johnson :So as an artist, it’s notable that you have many songs out that have enjoyed much airplay and you have received accolades for from near and far having more than 2,500 downloads on hulkshare.com alone in a week of release of your last set of singles, this begs the question; what’s your source of inspiration?

D’ Krieton: It’s quite simple; the thirst to be better than now, my family, love and life.

Mr Johnson: As a producer, looking at the Nigerian music today, what do you think is lacking?

D' Krieton: Personally, I think it lacks genuity, originality. It really will be nice if Nigerian producers study from the origin of the Hip Hop Culture. If we could bring in the originality of the culture into our music, we will go a long way. This is not just about talent, availability of resources or what everyone is into. That you can use Fruity Loops is not an entire basis for anyone to tag himself a producer or a beat maker. I can say because of the situation of the country, everyone wants a club banger, music that you just dance away to and makes you forget your worries, but beyond that, truth is, the club banger will only be in vogue for a while, True Music will always Thrive.

Mr Johnson: With your vast experience in production of music, what advice will you like to give to upcoming producers and the famous producers out there?

D’ Krieton: Well, to the upcoming producers, I will like to say; Dare to believe in yourself, your dreams and your passion. Secondly, it’s not money first. It is quality. It is truth. It is originality. You have to master the art. I wish that you will not be discouraged by how much the artist is paying. You also should think of how much value you can add to every artist whose Music you produce. Your work shows who you are always and it screams your name louder than the loudest advert. Coming into the limelight is easy, staying rests solely on your quality and consistency.
And to the famous producers, I will say we study more, keep working hard and make of ourselves Living Legends in this Industry. Blessings.



Mr Johnson: It’s been nice being with you in your studio, thanks for your time and God bless.

click here to get D. KRIETON'S SONGS




Comments

Popular Posts