HE THE ACCUSER AND SHE THE ACCUSED: AFRICAN POEM

omona iyemere originally shared:

 

                                      POEM
          HE THE ACCUSER AND SHE THE ACCUSED


                                              i

Under the African moon, it was told like story,
Then at schools at early stage during some lessons;
I became aware of how those brutalities were inflicted.
I grieve like you do, though I wasn't there,
Your pains are felt, because, I have a heart;
I can feel your pains; I cannot be blamed.
I cannot continue to be blamed for past crimes;
I share your pains; I cannot share the guilt.
Hands of my ancestors were clean, and are forever!
Africa cannot stop the sun from shining in daytime;
Africa wrote no letters she had filth for disposal!
Africa cannot stop the stars from glowing at night-time;
Africa then had no powers to protect her firths!
Eagles landed with rafts; Africa couldn't stop their raids!

                                                ii

Inside the African jungles like the story tellers said,
They ran, they screamed in fears for their lives!
Sometimes in the middle of nowhere none could hear them;
Probably except those in the collusion with our shame!
Then in the eyes of Africa all her children,
Were of equals as Mother Africa then; had no system;
That stated that one tribe was superior to another!
Then caste system never existed in Africa; neither now!
I feel your pains; I cannot feel the guilt!
Through face unknown I heard you would have loved,
To have been born at home; and nowhere else;
I became overwhelmed with your pains and your sorrows.
No words like sorry; could ever lessen these pains;
My peoples', our pains and sorrows; sorrows from yesteryears!  

      SINCERELY; THIS ONE, YES IS A TRIBUTE TO YOU

                            BY: R.I. IYEMERE

This POEM, is inside one of my compilation of Poems titled:
''CRIES OF A TORTURED SOUL'' on its PAGE 416-417 

Comments

Popular Posts